Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I feel AMAZING

Okay, so, since this isn't LJ, there isn't the suspense of an LJ-cut to hide the photo behind, but pretend you can't see it yet.

Today, I had a very long visit to Wal*Mart. I feel like a new person, because of some things I got.

- $5 discounted Swiffer WetJet, to inspire me to clean (and I do feel inspired!)
- A nice little mouse with snap-in usb receiver for the netbook to please my geekiness
- a $15 pair of jeans that ARE COMFORTABLE and ACTUALLY LOOK GOOD. Flared leg bottoms, and some decoration on the back pockets to accentuate the fact that they actually FIT my bottom, and don't just sag and show off the fact that I have very little to show off there
- delicious food, a few unhealthy, mostly healthy! (I've learned to like broccoli in most formats, what a leap for me!
- a cute pair of $5 sunglasses, which I can actually wear, because.....

(now you can look at the photo!)



I GOT CONTACT LENSES!!!

I haven't not worn glasses since I was 9. 20 years in glasses. I do not know myself. I didn't know my eyes were that dark. Everything is a little bigger. The dog food cans are bigger by about half an inch across. The carpet is closer, and more detailed. I LOVE IT. I LOVE IT TO BITS.

The eye doctor had a hard time getting the left one in my eye, but once I was shown how to do it myself, it was a snap. Got it out on the first try, and back in on the second. I feel fantastic.

3 comments:

Tina. said...

haha you said broccoli in most "formats" =)

Lisa-Marie said...

You look GREAT! I bet it feels so good. I hate wearing my glasses. Probably since I'm blind as a bat and they are an inch thick.

And I really enjoyed your post about saying sorry. I really related to what you said about "ignoring" people online. It can be so easy and so hard at the same time to keep friendships alive through the computer. Technology can be a blessing and a curse! Thanks for the reminder.

Stacey said...

You look good. I haven't looked at your blog in a bit and I must say, you really do. You got a Swiffer Wet Jet for $5?!