Sunday, February 1, 2009

Silly dog!


This dog, this dog who is currently curled up in my clean laundry fast asleep, is silly.

Earlier today, we had to go to the post office, and then we went to McDonalds with a coupon for buy one get one Southern Chicken Sandwich. We brought him along, and the girls at the windows at McDonalds just loved him, cooing and giggling and grinning. They gave us a handful of small milkbone pieces, which he didn't want at the time. When we got home, I put two pieces in his bowl. He came over, picked up one (oh so delicately, the way he does), and took it to the bedroom. I came in a couple moments later, and discovered him "burying" it under my pillow. He saw me watch him, pulled it back out, and made a little distressed noise while he re-hid it under my pajamas, carefully pulling the cloth over it. He then went and got the other piece from his bowl, and hid it in our bin of paper and cardboard that's waiting to be recycled.

When we came in to bed, he got on the bed first, and I didn't see what he did, but the pajamas were moved aside, and the milkbone gone! I wonder if he put it in the laundry basket and is now sleeping on top of it. I did watch him very carefully arrange some socks to make a nest to lie in before he settled down...

No comments: