Saturday, August 30, 2008

Sushi photos!


Nori is so pretty! I didn't know until I pulled the sheet out of the package and the light shone behind it. I had to take a picture.




My first attempt was kappamaki (cucumber). I think I didn't put enough rice in, or roll it hard enough, as the roll was a leetle squashy.




And, because I'm 'MERRIKUN, Spam Lite sushi. I have to admit, it was the tastiest of the bunch.




All three of my lovely efforts - kappamaki, krab maki, and Spam maki. At that point, I ran out of rice, or I would have used the tuna salad mixture I made for the purpose. I sadly do not have access to really fresh, sushi-grade salmon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was a pretty good attempt. I think the key w/ rolling sushi is that you've got to roll it harder than you think you do. I kind of "tuck it in" every time I roll it over and that seems to work. The next step is to put some plastic wrap on your mat and roll it w/ the rice on the outside! (not as hard as it sounds). Happy Sushi-ing! :-)

Sarah.